My 5 simple tips to glowing skin:
- Hydrate, hydrate hydrate aim for 1.5L -2L a day, every cell in our body needs water to function so start the day with hot water and lemon and a tsp of apple cider vinegar. If like me you find drinking cold water hard then use the herbal teas as part of your water intake.
- Avocados get bad press for their fat content but its good fat, they are a great source of vitamin E which is good for glowing skin so include them in salads, smoothies and even a face mask! I like them with a poached egg in the morning.
- Ginger and turmeric are anti-inflammatory so good for any acne, redness or blotchy skin, grate some fresh into a smoothie and use liberally when cooking.
- Oily fish like salmon, sardines and mackerel are high in protein and omega 3 fatty acids which form part of the skins membrane, try to include oily fish 2-3 times a week.
- Berries, peppers and oranges are rich in vitamin C a key antioxidant for the skin.
When choosing a new facial serum or moisturiser look out for vitamin C, E and hyaluronic acid to brighten and plump up the skin- right now I love the trilogy brand.
I always recommend Milk thistle for a good detoxer, love your liver and it will repay you with glowing skin!